20th November 2020
Another week has flown by and I am pleased that we are all still well with no Covid cases. The Covid numbers locally and within Wokingham schools creates a worrying picture. We will continue with all the measures we have in place and I thank you for following the government guidance.
This week we enjoyed a Google classroom achievement assembly. It was a pleasure to see the whole school together on the screen celebrating each other's successes and progress. I have also spent time this week carrying out learning walks. Normally this is an opportunity for me to be in the classroom, seeing the learning and chatting to the children about it. This week was different (I stood in the doorway!) but it was still so enjoyable and valuable. The learning throughout the school was active and purposeful and a real sense of a love for learning and a desire to achieve. Thank you to all the teachers, what they are achieving at this time is not easy but it is wonderful.
Yesterday FOFSA organised a Bags2Schools collection which raised over £150 for our school, thank you for supporting this.
FOFSA are doing an amazing job with the Virtual Christmas Fair. Please support the Virtual Christmas Fair, the auction begins on Monday and ends on the 28th November. There is already lots to buy and join in with, I keep going back on the page for extra purchases!
The committee are continually planning, initiating ideas and liaising with school to support us as much as they can.
A couple of weeks ago I informed you that FOFSA had renovated the staff room. This was a big project which has had an enormous impact on staff wellbeing (although only half of the staff are using it at the moment due to distancing!).
For the project to be the success it has been, it was dependent on the generosity of so many people. I list these companies and individuals here and I know you will join me in thanking them all.
- Frost Carpentry & Building - Sourced and fitted the kitchen, plumbing, coordinated plasterer, decorator and electrician - Craig Frost - https://www.facebook.com/Frost-Carpentry-and-building-254645247883761/
- Thames Valley Surveying – Sourced and delivered second hand furniture, arranged for new kitchen flooring and flooring contractor, coordinated electrician - Oliver Wilson - http://www.thamesvalleysurveying.co.uk/
- RSE Electrical - Electrical work - https://rse-electrical.co.uk/
- Spread Well Plastering – Plastered kitchen ceiling – Dan Mepham
- Smith Electrical – Electrical work – Myron Smith
- Howdens Wokingham - Provided new laminate flooring
- Howdens Bracknell – Donated kitchen
- Bracknell Heating & Plumbing Supplies Ltd – Supplied sink and kitchen tap
- Heritage UK Services - Paid for flooring to be fitted - https://www.heritageukservices.com/
- Russel Clarke Carpentry - Fitted floor
Thank you FOFSA for the tremendous time and hard work you put in for the benefit of our school.
I wish you all a good weekend and I look forward to another busy week next week.