In Spring 2019, the children began to use their own journals in maths lessons. When talking to the children in KS2, they responded positively to the use of maths journals.
- Y4: I like it because, I don’t have to mess about with white boards
- Y4: It helps us to remember what we’ve done in the lesson
- Y5: It’s really handy; when we do independent work and we’re stuck, we can look in the journals for clues to help us
- Y5: The journal helps me. When I’m in trouble, I can find something that I’ve written that will help me.
- Y5: You’ve got more space than on whiteboards.